Monday, March 24, 2008

March 24, 2008 - Kilgore, TX

We are in the Shallow Creek RV Resort and Golf Course just off I20 in Kilgore, TX. The part is very nice. It is on a hill and we get a nice breeze. We talked to some people today who live here. They sold their home which was near here and moved into their RV. They've lived here for 2 years and really like the life style. There is one couple who have lived here for 8 years. Most of the people who live here are those whose work has them move around the country. They prefer to live in an RV rather than a hotel. Actually, if I were in that type of job, I'd do the same. I like having my stuff and my own bed and bathroom.

Mike and I took a short trip into the town of Kilgore today. It is a very small town without a whole lot of personality. It did have a Wal-Mart which we visited and bought a new flatscreen TV for the RV. It is very nice to have a bigger TV to watch. I also purchased two movies - Enchanted and I Am Legand. We don't watch many movies, but I had seen Enchanted at the movies when it came out and I absolutely loved it. I wanted to have it at home for the grandkids to see. Our 3 year old granddaughter has seen it several times and loves it. I saw the previews to I Am Legand while we were looking at the TVs today and it really caught my attention. I'm looking forward to watching it in the next few days.

We leave for Lake Whitney tomorrow. I am excited to get to see our old Indiana friends - Judi and Ed. They were our neighbors and best friends for years and Judi and I worked side by side for 3 or 4 years. I missed Judi terribly when we moved to NC. Then she and Ed moved to Dallas a year after we left Indiana. I guess it was meant to be. NC has been very good to us and they love TX. I just regret that we lost our close relationship over the years. However, when I called and talked to them, it was like we have never been apart. I guess that is how it is with good friends.

I won't have wireless service for a few days so I won't be updating the blog for three or four days. I hope I have good stuff to tell you when I do get on again.

PS - I failed to tell you about my latest incidents. Mike and I were eating pasta the other night and my $1200 tooth broke off. I say it is my $1200 tooth because I had it capped years ago and then last year it abcessed and I had to have a root canal - AND NOW it has broken off. It will probably have to be pulled now and I'll have to have a bridge - another $1200 just waiting to happen. Then, the other night, I woke up and moved my hand and hit my glasses and knocked them off the night stand. I raised up to find them and hit my head hard on the cabinet next to the bed. I told Mike that I had a big knot on my forehead. He asked me to check to be sure that I did not have a big dent in my head - HA HA. Anyway, the rest of the day when I did dumb things, I told him it was due to my concussion. He didn 't buy it. I'm hoping that these are the last of my accidents.

No comments: