Saturday, March 8, 2008

March 8, 2008

Mike and I have not been up to much today. We had an interesting night last night. The wind picked up here around 4am and Mike got up and put down our awnings to keep them from being caught by the wind and broken. It was blowing so hard that I was concerned about being under all these pine trees. I was afraid one would fall on the camper. We had a lot of pine cones and small limbs fall on us, but nothing big.

Today we were pretty lazy. We took a drive into McCormick to see the town and there was not anything to see. So, we came back to the lodge here at the park and used their wireless service to upload pictures to our blog. I'm glad we were able to get some pictures out there for all of you to see. Now that we know how to do the upload, we will be putting more and more out there as we travel.

It is cold here for this time of the year. We took the dogs for a hike this afternoon and it was very chilly. We came in early and we are spending the evening just watching TV and keeping warm.

We leave here on Monday morning for Cordele, GA. I'll update the blog when we get there.

2 comments:

sharon said...

Bonnie,

I love your blog - I feel like I'm taking a vacation with you! Are you finding enough things to do to fill your time? Is this a TVless vacation? (You hadn't mentioned watching TV, so I wondering...)

Please keep updating it and including the photos - love those.

I'm planning to go to NC this week for a Joyce Meyer conference - really looking forward to that.

Keep blogging, talk soon...Sharon

wild bunch in cary said...

We had this same wind storm - it came through around 11pm and I was so scared I could not sleep - I thought a tornado was coming - a few trees fell down in my neighborhood - pines, of course - none in my yard - but all the limbs fell out of the trees - so I have some yard work to do- xoxoxoxox