Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mon 3/3/08 - We're Off

Today we left Mebane and headed South from Greensboro into SC. Our destination is Cheraw State Park in Cheraw, SC. The drive was not bad. It was only about a 4 hour trip doing the speed limit or below. The scenery was pretty much like NC until we got farther down into SC and then there were a lot more pine trees and sandy soil. I was plesently surprised by the little town of Cheraw. There are lots of big, old homes that people have restored and are living in. I have pictures that I am posting to show some of them. The state park is small and is right on a pretty lake. You may wonder why we choose Cheraw, SC as a destination. Well, there is one the reason - golf. Mike did research and found state parks where they have golf courses. Also, state parks are cheap to stay in. They don't have all the amenities of the fancier parks, but we are not staying long enough to worry about having lots of amenities. As soon as we got set up, I sent Mike off to play golf. We had heard that bad weather was coming our way for Tuesday and I wanted him to get a chance to play. I stayed at the camper and got the inside arranged so that I could find stuff. Then I went outside and sat by the edge of the lake and read my book.

No comments: