Monday, April 21, 2008

April 19, 2008 - We Are In CA

Well, we have finally made it to the Pacific Ocean. We left the Las Vegas area this morning early and drove 8 hours to Oceanside, CA. The trip was pretty uneventfull except that we got stopped at the agricultural checkpoint just inside CA. They made me show them my one orange and one apple in the RV. They said I could keep them. However, they did take the oak firewood that we had hauled all the way from NC. There is some sort of worm that lives in oak that they don't want in CA.


It was really nice to see green on the hillsides once we got closer to Oceanside. I have gotten tired of all the dirt and dust through TX, OK, AZ, UT, NV and eastern CA. I am also glad that it is not windy here. We're going to be in Oceanside for a full day. We are going to drive down to San Diego on Monday. Mike has never been there and wants to see that city while we are here in CA. I'll post some pictures as soon as I am able. The wireless service here won't let me download pictures.

No comments: